Thursday 15 November 2012

'Jesus' nail art: Tutorial


more than just scribbles blog



I've been meaning to post this tutorial (my first! Yay!)  since FOREVER! In my defense though, I forgot about it for a while, but better late than never right?

 The pictures from the tutorial are different from the one shown above. That’s from my ‘red week’ from the 31 day nail art challenge. My roommate was nice and patient enough to allow me use her recreate the look. Thank you Grace J

Things you’ll need:
Base coat
Red nail polish
White nail polish
Sponge
Toothpick
Top coat

First, start off with your basecoat, then the two coats of red nail polish. Allow to dry

Next, sponging! J
Put a drop of white nail polish on your palette (mine is a broken mirror :D) dab a corner of the sponge on to the polish and then again on the palette to remove the excess polish.

 Next, dab the sponge on your nail at just the corners diagonally.


Do the same thing for all the nails except the feature nail. This time, instead of the diagonal dab, dab from the centre of the nail outwards


I didn’t like the pointer finger here, there wasn’t enough fade effect.
Next step is the scripting and cross. Using the toothpick, outline the shape of a cross on the feature finger and then fill in with red nail polish


Then with the toothpick and white nail polish, write out “Jesus died for you” on each finger in the diagonal space and voila! All done! :D

Uhm…I got the cross here wrong. Oh well…
Oh of course, apply top coat to smoothen out the bumps and for the extra shine. Clean out your cuticles and your are ready to rock your nails and share God’s love :D
I’d love to see how yours turned out!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! And it's a tutorial. I'm definitely looking forward to your next post. No pressure. lol.

    ReplyDelete